29 heinäkuuta 2017

Yrttikuutioita - Herb Cubes


Tätä nykyä hyötykasvatukseni rajoittuvat yrtteihin.
Niistäkin kasvaa tänä vuonna vain yleisimmät: basilikaa viidessä ruukussa viherhuoneessa,
persiljaa, tilliä, ruohosipulia ja ranskalaista rakunaa yrttimaassa.
Timjami otti ja kupsahti jostain syystä.

Nowadays I grow only herbs: I have five large pots of basilica on the window sill, 
chives, parsley, dill and French dragoon in my herb garden.
Somehow my thyme died.


Säilön monet yrtit yrttikuutioiksi: tehosekoittajalla teen paksun puuron 
joko veden tai oliiviöljyn kanssa. Jäädytän ne jääpalamuoteissa ja pakastan rasioissa.
Kätevä ottaa kuutio tai pari ruokaa valmistaessa.
Ei mikään uusi keksintö mutta olen pitäytynyt tässä tavassa.

I preserve many herbs in the freezer in ice cubes. 
With the blender I make a thick porridge with water or olive oil.
After freezing I put the cubes in a box. They are so handy when cooking.
No new invention but I find this a good way.




Kuutioiden tekeminen on hiukan sotkuista hommaa,
mutta sittenhän niitä riittää koko talveksi.

Making these cubes is a bit messy, but then they last the whole winter.


Loppuun liitän muutamia kukkaisia onnen hetkiä heinäkuulta.
To finish I'll add a few moments of floral happiness from my July.

Clematis Petit Faucon


Iloista sadonkorjuuaikaa! - Happy harvest time!

14 kommenttia:

  1. very good idea and wwonderful pictures.
    thanks for sharing.
    best regards
    susa

    VastaaPoista
  2. Dear Riitta,
    the next week I plan to make the herbal cubes too. They are very convenient for cooking. I have my own experience with thyme. The yellow one (Thymus citriodorus 'Aureus') is not so resistant. It becomes brown and dies. So I plant thymus vulgaris.
    Clematis Petit Faucon has a wonderful color!
    I wish you a nice weekend
    Loretta

    VastaaPoista
  3. Das Grün der Kräuter, liebe Riitta, sieht zum Reinbeißen aus, besonders das der Petersilie.
    Es ist eine gute Idee, sie in Eiswürfeln einzufrieren. Die Kräuter-Herzen eignen sich im Winter, wenn es eisig kalt ist, sogar als kleines Mitbringsel zum Verschenken. Die Blumen-Collage mit Erdbeeren ist wunderschön. Die Clematis 'Petit Faucon' kenne ich gar nicht. Vielleicht hat sie bei uns einen anderen Namen.
    Liebe Grüße
    Edith

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I tried to google in German Petit Faucon, but could not find any sites. The name means auf Deutsch Kleiner Falke / Habicht. Here is a link in English:
      http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=370

      Poista
  4. Beautiful photos and a great idea with the ice cubes.
    The bright red plant in my post is also Bistorta.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Elke

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Elke. The red Bistorta was stunning.

      Poista
  5. kiva idea! Itse on tullut vain kuivatettua yrttejä

    VastaaPoista
  6. Näppärää tehdä kuutioita, itse vaan kuivattelen.Mutta hyvä idea. Ja upea kollaasi!!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Muy buena idea lo de los cubitos. Las flores son preciosas. Besos.

    VastaaPoista
  8. I also prepare my herbs with olive oil and put them into the freeze. But I make only boring cubes and not so lovely hearts as you did.
    Best wishes
    Christel

    VastaaPoista
  9. Riitta, that's a great idea.
    Herb cubes are great.
    I have a lot of herbs in the garden so I will do as you do.
    Have a nice Sunday:)
    Lucja

    VastaaPoista
  10. I've been looking at my herbs and wondering what to do with them. Problem solved! I also make pesto with the basil and freeze it in cubes. It's a taste of summer in the dark of winter. Your flowers are so beautiful.

    VastaaPoista
  11. Herb cubes are such a fantastic idea and in the shape of hearts, even more special. Wonderful blooms. Loving your clematis. Have a great week ahead :)

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.